Feliz Navidad! Weddings and a 'Handy' and really important Tool!

 Hey guys! I hope that everyone had a good Christmas/Hanukkah/Kwanzaa or whatever it is you celebrate at this time of year. I've been enjoying my time off of school  now that I'm on break and catching up on some sleeping, reading (any game of thrones fans out there?), and hanging out with some friends. As I've mentioned before I'm not really a very religious person but as far as holidays go I stick to the Catholic ones because it's what I grew up with and all my family is Catholic.  it's pretty late over here right now, almost 3 AM so Christmas has been over for just a little bit but I had a blast. My mom and her new husband came down from the Panhandle to spend Christmas with my sister and I, they literally just got married they came down here and got married on Sunday so it's been pretty festive around here. I'm a total sucker for a good wedding, I remember sneaking into the beach weddings where I used to live with my buddy back in Destin and having a blast. You should never do that! But if you do, make sure it's open bar. It was a beautiful event and I'm really happy for my mom and wish her nothing but the best. She's moving to Atlanta so she's going to be even further away than before... sad face. On a brighter note it's going to give me a reason to visit and hopefully check out the Shepherd Center while im there. I miss that place and haven't been there since I left after rehab. For those of you who don't know the shepherd center is probably one of the best if not the best rehabilitation center for spinal cord injuries in the world. I was lucky and fortunate to be able to be a patient there, it had a lot to do with the progress I made and my desire to continue fighting to be independent. If you ever get the opportunity, speaking to quadriplegics or paraplegics of course, you should definitely check it out. Even if you're not disabled you should check it out it is an incredibly inspirational place. Here's a link: http://www.shepherd.org/


Really look into it, they have a unimaginable amount of resources. It will literally blow your freaking mind, haha. I took a lot of classes there so you have any questions on sports, hobbies you can do like gardening or painting shoot me a message. Yo, thank God for Facebook, right? I get your messages there are a lot faster.


Haha, I just googled 'shepherd center' to get a good picture and this popped up! I mean c'mon man! A javelin?  too funny I forgot that was there.

Anyways, it was really a gnarly week.  Nothing like a few good drinks and some delicious food to complement amazing company. I am truly grateful for the opportunity to have these things in my life. I know that there are those less fortunate than myself and they are always in my thoughts. Hey! we got plenty of leftovers! Check it out, my mom and my sister out did themselves.  I helped watch TV.


Man,  I'm getting hungry just looking at that again. I hope everyone got a little something for Christmas this year. I'm so happy I got exactly what I wanted. I got a new snapback (that's a hat for you non-cool people, just kidding), a new set of headphones (I just broke my last pair so this was a dire situation), a new T-shirt that says ' seduce me please' haha (its so me), and cash. Pretty legit, right? I thought so, the best part about it is that  my birthday's coming up! Wooo! not really. I am not looking forward to turning 24. I mean, doesn't it sound  so much older then 23? Ughh I hate getting older.. I have a serious case of Peter Pan syndrome but I guess I guess they say that with age comes wisdom. Yeeeahh, i'm laughing too. Oh! Now I really want to tell you guys about my epic failure on the last day of the semester.. but it's not exactly 'blog material'. Lets just say I had one too many celebratory drinks and made a complete ass of myself. Excuse my language please. If you want a good laugh ask me about it sometime there was nothing mature or wisdomy about it. In regards to school I finished the semester with all A's! Imma beast. Holla! I know i'm a goofy guy and I like to have a good time but I can't stress enough how important it is to do good in school. I get distracted all the time but if you surround yourself with good friends they won't let you fail, I promise. If anyone is feeling like they're off the school bandwagon hit me up i'll do what I can to get you back on track. I'll buy you a keg! hahaha kidding.. maybe.

Check me out swaggin' out with my christmas gifts. lol!

This one is at the wedding. I clean up alright, huh? 

OKAY, THIS MIGHT BE THE MOST IMPORTANT PART OF THIS POST so I apologize for it being at the end but I got carried away talking about the last week and random nonsense.. About a year ago I bought this tool to make my daily life a little easier at home and it has undoubtedly been one of my best investments. It's called the crippler and it's a reacher that helps grab things from far away. Like a top shelf or under a small table. Here's the link: http://quadtools.com/index.shtml



It is extremely durable and works great. I mean, seriously, would I lie to you? haha. I also got the knife because I enjoy cooking and whatnot. Here's a video of a guy named Chris Colwell using the knife, it's amazing! Chris' videos are amazing in their own right, he's got a HUGE database of videos! Use them and subscribe to him on youtube. Personally I don't like using as much adaptive equipment as he does but that's my own path to independence. I'll never deprive my readers of a good resource and he by far has the most information out there on adaptations and life in general, truly incredible. But yeah.. the video.


Well I'm officially ready to pass out. Goodnight folks... I'm not going to check this entry for typos (like I ever do...) so please dont judge me. Take care everyone.

This song has been on repeat in my playlist as of late so i'll share. It's my first time putting rap on my blog and there is some vulgar language so just... heads up and tough luck I guess cuz it's getting put on haha. Please forgive me sweet little 8 pound 6 oz baby jesus!



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Popular Posts

Meet The Author

 photo try1-1.jpg
Hey! Welcome to my blog. My name is Luis Gonzales. I have made this Page to share my experiences. When I was 21 I suffered A diving accident that left me paralyzed from the chest down. Technically speaking my injury is at the C-5 and C-6 vertebraes. There was so much to learn during the first few years but to be honest wether you are getting used to life in a wheelchair or just Life in general the learning process never stops. Hopefully my experiences can help those who are searching for answers. At the very least maybe brighten your day. I'm a very positive person and if you're trying to make yourself a little more independent than you were yesterday in any form I am always happy to help in whatever way I can. If you need to contact me you can use any of the social media devices I am on. You can find all those links at the top left corner of this page. Have a great day. Si es mas fácil... Aunque yo no escribo en español si lo puedo hablar.